Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to tables in SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbirdofthesouth

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
CA
I have converted my tables to SQL Server and am now building two front ends to links to those tables.
This is a conversion of an old 95/97 app that is being upgraded to use in xp and to convert to a more stable client server configuration.
The tables in SQL Server and the same tables that were used in the old app. Same names.
So when I link to those same old tables from my new xp front end there is no problem.
BUT when I try to link to the same old tables with the same old names they have always had from my 97 front end I get this error message with SOME of the tables:
The database engine can't find 'dbo_tablename'. Make sure it is a valid parameter or alias name, that it doesn't include invalid characters or punctuation, and that the name isn't too long.
None of these table names contain any other chars different from the ones that I can link to. I played with shortening names and that allowed the link to happend however that would mean wading through a lot of query and report code to find which ones access these tables and changing the names.
Any idea?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back