Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekohler

Technical User
May 4, 2007
CA
Hi, I have a database in Access that acts as a front end for a SQL database. I have some forms that draw information from a SQL table and I also populate tables in the same SQL database. I would like to distribute this access database to people within my department. My question is to do with logging into the SQL database. Currently, when I start the Access database, I am prompted to login to the SQL database. When I have other users start using this database, is it possible so that they don't have to login to SQL?
Thanks,
Michael Kohler

There are a couple possibilities. The ideal is to add all users to an Active Directory security group and grant the AD group read/write permissions to the database using SQL Server Management Studio. A less attractive solution is to use a DSN-less connection that embeds the login and password into the connection string.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back