Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstnturner

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
We are using MAS200 as our accounting/ inventory software, and it just can't do everything we need it to. We are now trying to set a co-existing Access Dbase to work from for our special needs. I have created several tables for our vendors to show proper pricing and currency. However the tables do not all have the same amount of part numbers. I know how and have already connected the Inventory master file from MAS200 to our Access dbase, how can we link or query so that all tables can update and keep the same amount of part numbers? I am trying to eliminate double data entry. I know just enough to be able to "blow up" the dbase! I have made a copy for experiment purposes, but nothing I do will bring me the end result I am looking for, less data entry! Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

This will work! Once the link is established, it should show the current data in the mas200 system.

Did you link the mas200 table, or import it?
Which tables are you using?

We are using the Inventory Masterfile, I have given it a direct link, via ODBC, into the Access dbase. I can update and all fields are correctly updating. I however have 10 tables for individual vendors for their price lists, I want to be able to keep all of out products in sync. with each table. How can I do this without duplicating work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back