Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to image in sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueman124

Technical User
Jan 24, 2016
US
thread181-1752816

I'm having the same issue but with a report: Hope someone has a suggestion or knowledge that this will or won't work.

I successfully created an Access 2013 DB where the Front End is on a Local PC and the tables were uploaded to become sharepoint lists on sharepoint as the Back End. It seems to be linked and working well. The only issue I'm having is trying to get a signature image onto a report.

Previously, when operated entirely locally, I had a image path stored in a field in a table called tblCreatedBy which worked find puling up the image into a report based on the path I entered, similar to:
C:\Data\Databases\MyDatabase\signature/jpg.

Now I've created a picture library on sharepoint to store the image. I retrieved the path to that image which is now:

That didn't work so I tried:
/DatabaseImages/Signature.jpg

and that didn't work either.

I also tried to create a new rich text column and insert an image into that but still no luck.

Can someone please let me know if they have any other ideas?

My hunch is that the report will not pull the image from a URL resource. I could be mistaken. If so, you would have to download the file somehow and use the local file instead. I have hardly used sharepoint and not as an Access Data source but using a sharepoint list for text data is viable and file paths is text data.

The other thought I have is that your url is HTTPS:// indicating it is secure... The Access session may not be considered authenticated when it tries to get the file. So you might look at it from that angle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back