Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking to a new window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexoids

Technical User
Nov 4, 2001
AU
Howdy,
I have a swap image behaviour on rollover, and I want to have onclick a link to a new browser window... however, I can't stop it from linking to the new window on rollover? Also, can I launch a window to the middle of a users monitor, and without all the ie menu's and buttons at the top - but still the status bar at the bottom?
Many thanks!

Hello rexoids!

1) Select the image that you want to have the link to a new window;
2) open Behaviours window;
3) click on + and select Open Browser Window from drop down menu;
4) set page path, width and height; select all attributes you need (in your case only Status Bar);
5) OK.

To open it in the middle of the screen you'll need to use JavaScript. DW doesn't have any built-in behaviours that may do that. You may
a) browse Macromedia site and try to find any extension that may do that or
b) ask this question on the JavaScript forum - they'll give you the best answer on it.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the help, however the problem is that the image that I want to link to a new window already has a rollover behaviour on it... so when I then add the open browser window behaviour, I can't see how to change the 'onrollover' bit to 'onclick' (sorry, I'm used to flash terminology - I believe it's a bit different?)

Anyway, I now just have the rollover behaviour happening, and just a normal link to a 'blank' window.... can someone tell me how to set the attributes of a window if you can't answer the first q.
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back