Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLENEE

Programmer
Feb 9, 2005
GB
The database i have written is split via a Front End(FE) and Back End(BE). I have used the Class FileDialog to give the user the option to search and relink the files if the BE moves. This I believe is a member of the Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Library. The problem is the user does not have this reference available on their machine, only Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library. I cant seem to see an equivalent class to use on their machine and not sure if i'm able/allowed to install MSOffice 10 object library on to their machine. Is there an alternative?. Thanks

The Access 9.0 Object library indicates that Access 2000 is the version installed on that PC.

Without installing Access XP (or later) you won't get Access 10.0 library, so another way is to call the API functions directly, as per:

John

Thanks for the advice, i'll try and get my head around it or wait until the user upgrades their version of Access!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back