Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Subreports Containing Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffLyons

Programmer
Dec 21, 1999
US
I have a subreport that uses a stored procedure. I'd like to set the parameters for the sub procedure the same way I would link selection criteria in a subreport to the main report. I can't figure out how to do this, so the result is that the subreport always prints for the same record, rather than incrementing for each record in the master report.<br>

<br>

Has anyone had luck doing this?

How have you linked the sub-report to the main report?<br>
<br>
<br>
In order for the sub-report data to be based on the main report the parameters for linking must be data that is in both reports. For example if you want the subreport to display information for every Customer, link the customer in the main report to the Customer field in the subreport(there are two ways to do this). The other thing you have to be careful of is where you place the subreport. It must be in the same group as the criteria you are linking on.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back