Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Projects in Cognos ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallina

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hello,
has anybody managed to successfully link two projects?
We are trying to follow the little info that's in the documentation but we can't get it to work.
Our projects are based on tables that belong to different schemas, on the same oracle 9.2 instance.
Tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Anna

By projects, do you mean creating a FrameWork Manager model based on two different databases? As long as you can join the tables, this is a pretty seamless operation.

Hi,
This is what I would like to do:
create two (or more) separate models.
Each model is created in a separate FM Project, and uses tables from a certain schema.
For instance, Model 1 takes tables from Schema 1 and Model 2 from Schema 2. Then I would like to create a third project and link these two models in it.
This is the technique described as linking in the FM documentation. The tables from Schema 1 and 2 have of course the necessary keys to join across the two schemas.
Finally, the schemas belong to the same database instance.

I have previously made a model where I imported tables from Schema 1 and 2, joined them, created a package and made reports. So this works. The reason why I want to use linking is that we are several people working at the same time, and we need to be able to work in parallel, i.e. on different models at the same time. These models however need to be linked to each other.
Have you ever tried anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back