Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Pictures to records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omono

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have a house inventory table with associated forms and reports. I am trying, unsuccessfully thus far, to include pictures of each inventory item. I have read that it is better to link to a picture than to embed it in the table. I cannot figure out how to do this. I have seen other postings concerning this subject but I cannot seem to get it right. I have a main form that displays the records. I want to add a "View Picture" command button that once selected will popup another form with the picture of the current record that is being viewed. Suggestions? Thanks in advance...

ONeal

Include a feild that will contain the path to the picture on the hard drive then when the user clicks on the view pictue you can just use the loadpicture function.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back