Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Outlook tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobrios

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
US
hello there,
I wan't to link Outlook calendar folder to Access (both 2000) and in fact I did, but strange thing is that all kind of garbage got included (object type, created date, modified date, etc.)
All I need is start date/time, end date/time, subject and content, so I could query that table, but there no options to select fields during table link.

Any ideas? thanks much.

Steve

No,

previous threads re linking Ms. A. & Outlook generally only bemoan the lack of being able to get link(s) to work with anything except the contacts. Generally, I can not even see any discrete folders except the contacts.

On the other side, if the LINK is to the table, you (obviously?) get all of the fields in the table. To look at selected fields, just do hte standard select query for the fields of interest.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

dobrios,

How did you link the tables? I have been trying, but always get a MESSAGE CLASS column with the value 'IPM.Appointment' all they down the list. If you wouldn't mind, I would be curious to know what you did to get 'all kinds of garbage'.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back