Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking MS Access 2000 to MySQL server

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamsm

ISP
Jul 16, 2002
GB
Hi

I would like to link an Access 2000 DB to a MySQL Server which is connected to UltraDev, I know how to export tables but I need to know if the two can be linked in any way so the data is updated simultaneously, I need this as the site I am creating requires regular update.

Regards

Install MyODBC on your system. It is available from
Set up a Machine datasource DSN to the MySQL server using the MyODBC driver in your control panel.

In Access, go to File/Get External Data/Link Tables. In the link dialog box, set your "Files of type" drop-down box to "ODBC databases". In the next dialog box, select the DSN you created. From there, it's pretty straightforward.

Keep in mind, you will need a userid that can access the tables from your IP address. ______________________________________________________________________
Never forget that we are
made of the stuff of stars

Thank you for that, I managed to link my database.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back