Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Main Report Command Object Parameter to Subreport Command Object Parameter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willz06jw

Programmer
Aug 11, 2014
US
Hi,

I have a report with a subreport. Both the main and the subreport use a command object w/ date parameters.

When I run the report, it asks me for the begin date and end date twice (once for the main report and once for my subreport).

Can I link the parameters in the main command object to the subreport command object?

Thank you,
Will

If you go to the Subreport Linking dialog, at the bottom left you'll see 'Subreport parameter Field to use".

I'm guessing that you have it linked to a parameter titled something like ?Pm-?DateRange. This is not the parameter you created in the subreport, it is sort of a fake parameter that Crystal uses if no actual parameter has been created.

In the dropdown you'll probably see an additional item titled ?DateRange. This is the one you created in the subreport, and if you use it for linking you will only get prompted for values once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back