Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking information from one table to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliber10

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
So I am a new user of Access and was given a project at work to create a pretty in-depth database that will be sent to clients to fill out. Because of this I need to create the database in such a way that the client cannot make any mistakes when filling out information. The first question I have is how do I take information from a few tables a place them into a new table without having that information in a drop-down box? I want that information to populate the fields based on the information the client has filled out.

One way is to collect the information in a form, incorporate it into an SQL statement, and run it using the DoCmd object.

"Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."

The first question I have is how do I take information from a few tables a place them into a new table". If you meant exactly what you stated, then you don't. Data only appears in one table, you don't have duplicate data in different tables. If you're new to Access, there's alot of rules you must know first. One is normalization. Here's a brief article on it.
Fundamentals of Relational Database Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back