Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Excel via Sharepoint to Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeseus

Technical User
Jan 16, 2007
US
I am using Excel 2002 and Frontpage 2002 and am tasked with making part of a Excel spreadsheet dynamically linked to a website. I have not had the need to use Sharepoint and do not currently have any files dynamically linked to our website. I maintain our company's Frontpage website and have worked fairly extensively with Excel and Access. What do I need to set up what I need, and how long will it take me to do this up without any experience with Sharepoint or ASP?

I don't take that as offensive at all, Patrick. I appreciate the generosity of your time. How will starting with 2003 help me?

You should be able to create a list in SharePoint with the desired columns and then depending on which version of SharePoint you are using click on "Export this list to Excel" or "Query this list with Excel" it will open up Excel 2003 (and above) and create a data link that you manipulate and synchronize back with the SharePoint.

The users are going to need at least Excel 2003 as well.

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back