Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Excel to Goldmine causes Excel to freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

M6IT

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2014
US
One of our users uses Goldmine and Excel. But lately, whenever he tries to link an excel workbook to Goldmine, it completely locks up Excel on him to the point that he has to CRTL+ALT+DELETE in order to close it down.

May any of you users have an insight on what causing this issue.

The user is currently OS is Windows 7.

First and foremost a bit more information is required.

What is the exact Version & Build of GoldMine being used here? ( Help | About | System button | Copy ALL button | Ctrl-V to paste here in Forum )

What is the Version of Microsoft Office being used?

Was Microsoft Office installed in 32 bit mode or 64 bit mode?

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Sorry for the long delay in response.

The user is using Goldmine version 9.2.1.21.

He using Excel 2013 on Windows 7 64bit Pro.

Well your version is quite a bit outdated. We are currently running 2014.1.0.452 which is some 20 builds/fixes ahead of yours.

Was Office 2013 installed as 32 bit or 64 bit? It must be installed as 32 bit to have a chance of working with GoldMine.

DJ Hunt

The user Office is the 32bit version.

At this time there no spare computers nor do I have access to the software to install it on a spare PC.

You said in your first post: "One of our users uses Goldmine and Excel." Therefore, I assumed that you had more than one PC using GoldMine. Without being able to narrow the cause down further then about the only advise that I could give you would be to upgrade to the latest build of GoldMine as there have been many fixes in the GMPlus Links area. We are currently using GoldMine Premium 2014.1.0.468. In fact, I'm not even certain that Office 2013 was available when 9.2.1.21 was released.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back