Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking documents in Act 2005 Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

SibLiant

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2005
US
Thanks, in advance, for any help:

I’ve been running 2005 premium for about 6 months and have about 20 users accessing it. It’s running on Win 2003 Server Standard. I’ve customized it to track not just contacts but jobs for the storm shutter business which I’ve been working for. Some things that I am having an issue with:

I have a user that would benefit from working at home. I have been trying to deploy a remote database to her laptop. I follow all the steps in the Act user guides (enable synch; set up synch set; create RDB file). The last step, creating the remote database, is where I’m having an issue. When I create the database it seems to loop at the final process (packaging RDB). I don’t believe that its actually looping because if I leave it sit over night, in the morning the process seems to be completed. However, the function buttons (back; next; finish) are not enabling themselves to prompt me to move through the process. After the creation of the RDB. I have to click “Home”. Now I should be able to click “manage databases” and see the remote database that I just created. It’s not showing up. When I unpack the remote database on the laptop and try to synch, it barks at me saying it can’t locate the synchset. I believe the size of our database is an issue. The primary db file is only about 70 megs but my users are attaching a huge amount of attachments. We’re talking about 800 megs worth and growing quickly. This leads to my other issue. Under the documents tab; it would be so much better to link to a directory here rather than files. This would keep the overall growth of the DB to a minimal. Have any of you experienced the same issues? How did you deal with it? Is there an add-on that might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back