Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking dBase Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF2201

MIS
Nov 8, 2001
AU
I am unable to link two dbase tables despite strict adherance to the CR help files.
I have 41 fields in each of my databases and these are structured via numeric,string (character), logical and date fields.
all 41 fields have the same names/titles regardless of the FILE name. The common field is that named "Client" i.e. if the client is ABC then the client field in either database file will always be ABC.
Judging by the CR help file re linking tables I should be able to link two or more tables and retrieve the expected result from both database files (any fields?).
In my case, I created an index file in the "look-up" file - client.ndx - and linked the tables. All this went without a hitch via visual linking, but the report I'm running will only work with data in the current file (file first allocated) i.e. it will show zilch data from the "look-up" or added table.
BTW, there were NO error messages or anything to say that I was doing something wrong.

Would appreciate anyone's hepl.

Many thanks

Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back