Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Cells Within BO - Simple Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meist101

Technical User
Sep 6, 2006
GB
Hello,

I am a bit new to Business Objects - so I am hoping that you can help me on this probably simple issue.

First of all, thank you - I value your time and consideration into this.

I am using Business Objects v6.1 and you can download a copy of the report (.xls and .rep) via
I am running two reports which use the same data which is generated from the variables within our Universe.

The variable, 'Co Ticket Prc' relies strictly on the 'Product Code' variable. And as you can see in summarised report 2, when you take out the 'Product Code' via the Slice and Dice, the 'Co Ticket Prc' is useless as it relies on the 'Product Code' as its reference.

I was hoping to create a second summarised report which simply looks and refers to whatever the totals were in the previous reports.

Can you please advise me and point me in the right direction. This will be greately appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul C.
Business Objects Noob

I'd say this is a typical case of misunderstanding #1.
(Not meant cynically)

One of the first things BO users will have to learn is that tables and crosstabs have little in common with spreadsheets.

A spreadsheet contains cells with a fixed address ("A1")

BO does NOT have anything of this kind. What may look to you as spreadsheet cells are nothing more than the logical outcome of the object structure. You CANNOT reference it as you are used to in Excel.

The fact that it can be saved as an Excel-sheet is nothing more than a trick (to satisfy user demands to get everything back into Excel)

Take some time to study BO peculiars (dimensions,measures,roll-up,slice&dice etc) and try to leave the concept of Excel behind

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back