Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking between multiple databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

billcam

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
I would like to create a front end that users could link to to several databases or Excel spreadsheets, etc. I am currently using shortcuts that specify the workgroup for secure db's. I tried to make a Word document but the hyperlinks don't seem to want to accept the parameters to specify the workgroup. It links okay to an unsecured db but that is as far as I can get. Is there a better way to do this?

I don't follow what you are doing with Word???
Are you using a mail merge in a Word doc. to a secure Access database???? DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

I currently have 3 shortcuts to 3 different secured databases. The shortcuts contain the command line parameters:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "c:\my documents\database files\database front end\production1.mdb" /Wrkgrp "c:\my documents\database files\system\ppswi.mdw"
to specify the workgroup needed to gain entry to these db's. Instead of forcing my users to keep an ever increasing number of icons on their desktop for our db's, I thought a web page with hyperlinks to these, along with some other documents would be handier. When I try to put the above parameters in the hyperlink, it won't save them(I was creating the web page in Word 2000).
I don't know if I am doing something wrong, if this is even possible, or if there is a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back