Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking an Excel Spreadsheet to a JSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldEngineerDC

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
US
Hey I know people have asked questions about this before (thread695-1166886) but I still have not found a solution... I have a jsp and am trying to link it to a spread sheet but when I change the <a href> to point to the correct location/file and I am getting an error... it is displaying binary with parts of the text from the excel spreadsheet in as well...

here is an example of the text I am using:
<div id="loginCIFAFormContactInfo" style="width:400px"><a href="<%=request.getContextPath()%>/jsf/changes.xls">Recent Changes and Known Issues</a>
</div>

Does that happen in all computers? What happens if you copy the URL directly to your browser?

Cheers,
Dian

It doesn't happen when using anything other than IE and jboss. However, I am not able to just switch over to firefox, as I have other parts that require IE.

... The file is actually located on my server so it happens from all systems to include if I am trying to run from the server.

I'd say it has nothing to do with JBoss but with your configuration for IE.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back