Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking an Access query to excel spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilPattison

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2005
GB
Hi all, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to be able to take the data from a query and export it to an excel spreadsheet that is in a set format (the format can be anything as not decided yet).

I know how to export a full record to excel but I need to be able to to export it so that the data from a field goes to a specific cell in excel. How do I link a field to a specific cell?

Also is there a way of letting the spreadsheet in excel be updated and then imported back into access and thus updating the data in access database.

Any help would be great, thanks

Cheers Neil

Have you tried to export a query (which should have only this one field) to a range in excel? Although help says there would be an error, it works.

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I have with it though is that I cant create a new worksheet each time. Basically what I need to do is take data from my database, send it out to external companies, let them update the worksheet and send it back (and hopefully import the updated info back into the database).

Did you try to export to an existing excel file and failed?

You can link a table to the excel spreadsheet and the table will be updated automatically. So lset them make there changes to the linked spreadsheet. You will not have to import anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back