Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Address Code To RM Open File

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgfinance

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
US
I am trying to create a report in Crystal that will list all Document Numbers from the RM Open File (RM20101) and their corresponding "Bill To" addresses. I can not seem to find a way to link to the address master table for each transaction (I know I can link back to any of the addresses from the Customer card but I need the address from the actual transaction).
Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.
-PRG

It is commenly believed that the RM series is some kind of sales ledger but it is really more simple than that. It is just a record of debt. As such the records it keeps are about values and dates for the most part.

The invoicing information is held in which ever of great plains invoicing systems you are using, either Sales Invoicing or Sales Order Processing. You can link back from the RM20101 to the history tables in these series if you need to.

For sales invoicing link to IVC30101
DOCTYPE 1 = RMDTYPAL 1 in RM20101 (Invoice)
DOCTYPE 2 = RMDTYPAL 8 in RM20101 (Return)
PRBTADCD is the PRimary Bill To ADdress CoDe

For Sales order Processing link to SOP30200
SOPTYPE 3 = RMDTYPAL 1 in RM20101 (Invoice)
SOPTYPE 4 = RMDTYPAL 8 in RM20101 (Return)
PRBTADCD is the PRimary Bill To ADdress CoDe

Thanx for your response hooggie.
That will work only if all transactions originate in the Invoicing module. For Credit memos and Debit memos that are entered in the Sales transaction entry window I can not use the invoicing tables. This surprises me since you can not get a complete listing by customer, by address code of all receivables transactions.
I am assuming the data must be stored somewhere since if I do an inquiry on a credit memo, the correct address will come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back