Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking a main report to a subreport based off a stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

misgirlny

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2002
US
If anybody knows how to link a main report to a subreport on a parameter value if both are based off store procedures? I would like the main report's parameter values are passed to the subreports store procedures. I know how to do that if subreports a based off linked tables, but need to implement on stored procedure. I use Crystal 8.
Thank you in advance.

I did several reports in Crystal 8.5, where the main report used a stored procedure and the subreports accessed the database. I'd just pass the relevant filed ([Subreport Links] under [Edit], letting it link to anything it was happy with.

I'd then replace the subreport selection with the value I actually wanted, creating a formual field to change the data type when necessary. I've never tried linking the output of two stored procedures, but the principle should be the same.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Thank you for you response. Unfortunately it does not work that way when subreport is based off a stored procedure with the same set of parameters that a main report. when I link the reports on a set of parameters, subreports promt for the main report passed parameters and for subreport's parameters, which is a double set. So far did not find any articles on CrystalDecisions KnowledgeBase site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back