Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking 3 programs together using Fujitsu Cobol 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveradd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I have a program that I wrote for school. It has 3 separate files (1 main, 2 sub-routines). I compile each separately, then I build them as one unit. then I execute with no errors. I execute and get most of my output except for the calculations performed in the sub-routines. I used winlink and included all 3 files and they compiled fine but still no correct output. I used debugger to see what my problem is and in animate it goes through with no problems. I can receive the initial values that the call statements require for calculations but the returned calculations show question marks. If I step into the program manually, when I get to the call statement I get an internal debugger error message. If there is anyone out there that knows this program and can maybe help, PLEASE, post. The program is posted in the general cobol questions where some outstanding programmers have given me some suggestions. I am just wondering if maybe the linking procedure is not correct as one of the programmers used my program and had success in the output, but he used RM/COBOL. Anything would help. Thanks.

David David Rivera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back