Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking 2 norstar and callpilot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkerby

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2006
HT
I have 2 sites that have Norstar with MICS 7.1 that I have interconected using PRI. I have a Call pilot 100 in one site and would like to know if it is possible to extend the voicemail to the other site.

Yes it is. If you have a centralized dial plan for the two sites you will be able to add mailboxes for the other site. I am looking now to see if you need a key code for centralized voicemai.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Please let me know what I need to extend the voicemail and if possible the configuration steps on the Norstars and the CP 100.

Call Pilot 100 does not offer Centralized Voice mail. You need a CP 150 with 3.1 to work with your 7.1 software. If you already have the 2 systems tied together with the SL-1 protocol then you already have all the keycodes you need. If not then in the MICS's you'll need PRI keycode and MCDN keycode. The 100 was not built for this purpose sorry.

Hawks:
thanks for the clear up, I was going from memory on this one.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back