Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRMet

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
Hi. I have an MS Access database set up to capture and report reply card responses. I have a main file on a shared network drive, and I provide each of the clerks entering data with a local db for entry. They write to a table on the hard drive and at the end of the day, upload to a linked table on the master file. I have two users who can't access the main table - they are getting a message to the effect that there is another user attempting to access the table at the same time - there is not. I have had them completely shut down one, reboot the other and then try their append again - nothing. I deleted the link and had them try to map the link again - same message on the linked table wizard. Unfortunately, I'm about 500 miles away and can't get hands on here. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back