Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Table with Multi Value Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcate

MIS
Jan 17, 2012
US
I have a form with Linked table and one of the fields is a Multi Value Combo Box. The Form only shows one entry from the combo box. However, if I have a local copy of the table I am able to select multiple choices. If there a way to make the multi value on a linked table?

Thank you,

Sam

What is happening is that a multi value field actually creates a hidden child table, that is how it does the one to many. The link to this table can get lost depending on how you deploy the split db. In the split db delete all linked tables and then relink. You can try just deleting the table with the MV field and relinking, but from what I have read most people need to delete and relink all. If this happens a lot there is code you can find to delete and relink.
You should be able to verify this. On the standalone when you look at a table with the MV field you should see a + sign on those records that will show the subdatasheet. My guess on the split db there will be no subdatasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back