Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linked table from local mysql-server has only #deleted entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitzmuller

Programmer
May 7, 2004
CH
Hi there

I tried to link some tables that reside on the mysql-Server on my local machine into a new access database using the ODBC 3.51 driver

everything worked fine with no errors. But when I open the linked table in Access, all entries have #deleted values, although when I check via phpmyadmin, all the values are there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance to this great forum

Simon

Ok, figured it out!

This page has general hands-on information about linking tables from mysql servers into access:

The following webpage has valuable tips to make the odbc-linked tables work flawlessly

In my case, a field of type "bigint" caused the #deleted entries. I tried first with the option "Convert BigInt to Int" (in the advanced-Tab of the ODBC-Setup) but it didn't work. After that I converted the field type to "int" and voila: i can access all rows now and update data without a problem.

Hope this helps anybody who runs into a similar scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back