Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked table error in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

schredder

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
AE
Hello

I designed a database which is split into a frontend (which every user has stored locally on his c drive) and a backend (which is stored on a shared drive/server). I originally programmed it under Windows 2000 professional and everything worked fine. A few days ago every user upgraded to Windows XP. What now happens: When a user opens up the frontend he can access/view the linked tables from the backend database, so that works. But when I want to open the backend database directly in access to add a new table or so I can not open it. A message box pops up which says: "The Microsoft database jet module stoped the procedure because you and another user tried to change the same data at the same time." I made sure that nobody is in the database, even restarted my pc,...always the same message.
Has anybody a hint what this could be or what I am doing wrong? Tried to find help in the access help files but still I don't understand why it worked under Win2k and now it doesn't.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back