Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linked slices don't stay linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

realtree

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
CA
This is sortof 2 problems in one. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 10 on Win2000. First minor problem is that I can only 'Save for Web' once when I open a file, and then if I try again, it doesn't do anything. Does anybody else have the same problem? Second problem is when I link or name my slices in the 'Save for Web' dialog and save the images, then save the .ai file; next time I go back into 'Save for Web', my changes did not apply, it went back to the way it was before. It's really quite annoying, since I have so many slices that need to be linked into separate groups and saved with the proper file names.

I found the fix for the 2nd problem at the Adobe forums. They say it fixes the 1st problem, but it didn't... though it did fix the 2nd one.

Do a search on the local hard drives for *.irs, find the 'Recently Used Optimizations.irs' files and delete them.

Simple as that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back