Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked sever: 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeggan

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
IE
Code:
Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'SQL0LEDB' reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
[\code]

Am getting this error when trying to access a linked server.  I have looked it up on MS.com and google. Seems like its not totally unprecendented, but I can see no solution out there other than a suggestion to uninstall SQLServer etc on the linked box.  This is not possible in this case (production machine).

Anyone had this problem ?   I should add that the issue appeared suddenly, after weeks of the server link working ok. 

I can still see the tables in Enterprise Manager (under Security -> Linked Servers) and have tried dropping and re-adding the server on numerous occasions, but no joy.  I can do selects from a Query Analyser session that is opened from the linked box itself in Enterprise Manager, but get the above error trying distributed queries from a QA session opened from the Server I'm working from....

Any help welcome...
:(
 ------
Dublin, Ireland.

Of course that should be Linked Server up there in the title of this post. Fittingly though, the problem is that the link is severed !!

------
Dublin, Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back