Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Server error 7302

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepxo

Programmer
Oct 1, 2002
CA
I have a SQL 2005 server and an Oracle 10 server.
I'm trying to set up a Linked Server between them so that I can access some of the ORacle tables in real time from SQL.

I've installed the Ora92 client and the 10G_instant client.
From the physical box that SQL resides on, I can open SQLPlus worksheet, connect to the Oracle server and execute sql statements without a hitch so I know that the boxes can connect.

From SQL 2005 I've tried to set up the Linked server.
I use the ORACLE ORAOLEDB.ORACLE provider and not the MSDAORA provider.

Under security I have set it to use the credentials for a specific Username and Password (the same one that I have tested with SQLPlus Worksheet)

When I click on accept I get

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

"The linked server has been updated but failed a connection test. Do you want to edit the linked server properties?"

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "ESIS". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7302)

For help, click:

There isn't any help on the link to go.microsoft.com
I've found a couple of references to Error 7302. All of those have said to either edit the registry to allow In process connections, which I have done, and rebooted the server after making the registry change. Still isn't working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To build may have to be the slow laborious task of years. To destroy can simply be the thoughtless act of a single day.

Still seeing if I can wrangle up a solution to the linked server issue BUT in the mean time ... can you see if an "OPENROWSET " command can reteive data from the target Oracle table(s)?

Try logging into the source server with your account that is being used for the SQLPlus Worksheet app and try the OPENROWSET from MgtStudio.

Lets see if we surface any other bits of info to help us.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back