Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Images in a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
Greetings,
I used faq181-399 to try to figure out how to insert images into a report, but I am not haveing any success. I want a .jpg image that is stored in a field called Photo1 for each record, to be shown for each page of the report.

In the above referenced faq it states to:
In the Detail_Format event (near the bottom) click it, so "Event Procedure" shows; then click the "3 dots" button to view the VBA code window

In my screen it is actually Detail_Event Format. Is this right?

Then the faq says to paste this line into the VBA code:
Me!Image(insert image number).Picture = "F:\path to your pictures\" & Me![field on the report that has a unique Picture ID] & ".jpg" (or other specified file type)

If the path is in the same directory as the database, is any path really needed?

Does the above statement that "field on the report..." actually mean the field on the source table?

My field in the table has the complete file name I.e., xyz.jpg is this OK.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

I forgot to mention that my last error was
Microsoft Access can't find the field 'Vegetation_Plots.Photo1' referred to in your expression. Perhaps I have referenced this wrong, Is it supposed to be Table.Field? The table and field both exist but somehow are not seen.

Any ideas? Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back