Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Embeded Image???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzLitho

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
Hello,

I am running InDesign CS3 and have a question. I have a document that was supplied to me and there are two images placed on a page. These images do not show up in my "link" palete and do not even show up as embeded images. I did the "preflight option and it says there are "0" embeded images and "0" images missing? When I print this document the images come out as low res?

How would I know that these are actually missing or where they are?

Thanks for your time!!!!

Sometimes the image gets lost and all that's left is a low-resolution thumbnail that was created for the purpose of displaying the image in InDesign. Sometimes there just isn't a link and it not even embedded, it's just some data that got lost and has no link.

You just have to find the original and relink it back in. I have seen this before and it is annoying. One way it can happen is that someone drags an image from the internet straight into InDesign without saving it on their hard disk.

It's just unfortuante. I can't seem to recreate the problem at the moment, but I'm sure I will soon, and then I'll post the exact reason why it happens, to be honest I never investigated it thoroughly before.

Are you able to quiz the supplier of the file and ask them if they have the master files?

If not, maybe they can tell you where they picked it up.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back