Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Datagridviewcomboboxcells

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmil

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
AU
I am creating an editable datagrid that has three linked combobox columns. When the first combobox has a value selected, it should change the available options for the second combobox, when the second combobox has a value selected it should have it's available options changed. I know how to do this in ASP.Net, but i am struggling to figure it out in the new .Net 2.0 Datagridview.

if you actually have a combobox in the datagridview then you should be able to have a listener on the combobox selectedIndexChanged or SelectionChanged event.

With that said, if you have combo boxes in a datagridview, then they are probably created dynamically, and so it's probably not easy to strap a event to it.
You will probably have to code for the value changing in the cell of the datagridview that holds the combobox, probably something along the lines of DataGridviewCellLeave event.

-The answer to your problem may not be the answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back