Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Word from Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

acjeff

Programmer
Aug 10, 2004
US
I am using Office XP. I created an Excel worksheet and had some calculations cells. Then I linked it to a Word document as the following procedures:

1. On Excel, Page Setup -> Sheet tab -> checked Gridlines box
2. Selected the desired columns and rows and Copy
3. Switched to my Word document, Edit -> Paste Special -> Paste Link -> Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object

Then when I printed out the word document, some of the table rows had double lines. That made it look bad.

Why is that? Is it a bug from Microsoft? How to fix it?

Jeff

I am not sure why you went into the page setup in Excel, but it shouldn't have any effect once the range is copied to Word. Try removing the check in Gridlines in Excel, and see if that makes any difference. Mine works fine, but I have a different version of Office.

Sawedoff

When I set Gridlines on Excel Page Setup, the linking table on the Word document contains border as well as on the printout.

When I have no Gridlines on Excel, I can only put "Outside Borders" on the table on Word and printout. That is why I need it on Excel.

But I still have not resolved the problem :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back