Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link two browsers in a smartwindow

Status
Not open for further replies.

keicylee

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2005
KR
I am new to progress 9. I have developed a program linking two browsers, first one is for order and second is order line. It was to show second browser when I move up and down in first broswer(Order header). I want to make this in progress 9 using smartobject.
The steps that I walked ..
1. make a sdo1 for order (not used temptable)
2. make a sdo2 for order line(not used temp table)
3. create a smart window
4. place sdo1 in the smart window
5. place sdo2
6. configure mapping according to guidiance from smart advisor(order num is key)
7. place sbo1 and sbo2 orderly and link them each other according to the guidiance of smart advisor.
\
Result: sbo2(for order line) just only display order line related to first row of order whenever i select another row in sbo1(order). Link check is OK. is there more things that I missed?

Anybody help me out with this...please.

keicy

You say "Link check is OK", but can you post a copy of all your links. There is obviously one missing somewhere.

Cheers, Mike.

Links that I checked with are:
h_d-co -> Data <- h_d-coline
h-d-co -> data <- h_dynbrowser
h_d-coline -> data <- h_dynbrowser-2
h_dynbrowser ->update<- h_d-co
h_dynbrowser-2 ->update<- h_d-coline

Thanks.
keicy

Dear Mike,

Please let me know the details of steps that I've should taken. I tried to compose the simple link such as order & orderline. Same result all the time .

Thanks.
Keicy

Hmm. The data links look OK to me. I'll tinker with it later today when I have a bit more time.

Cheers, Mike.

OK. Working with the sports database I've created 2 SDOs (dOrder & dOrderLine) and a SmartWindow. On this SmartWindow I've placed both of the SDOs, and 2 dynSmartBrowsers, one each for Order & OrderLine. I have exactly the same set of links as you, and no additional code. Works fine for me - the correct set of OrderLine records displays when I select different lines on the Order browse.

Version 9.1C.

Cheers, Mike.

Thanks.
Ummm... do you think where the cause is? I've been testing it with syteline 6.02 vs progress 9.1d. Sometime I've launched progress environment only to test it. The result was the same. The link looks good as yours. How about mapping the two tables with key value? is there any other way that I need to look at?

Thanks.
Keicy

it's OK on progress environment, but not work on syteline environment. Ptogress environment uses C:\pro91d\src\adm2 ...etc., but syteline uses C:\syteline\scr\adm2,..etc. Anyway they act differently...
If I bring them developed in progress environment into on syteline's it broke out the errors..
how to workaround?...any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Keicy

Different things in syteline environemnt from successful progress environment are when I run the application it sends out infor msg "Property DataSourcenames not defined"(It's smart browser, dynamic browser too). In case of using dynamic browser I can not adjust the size of column on running appl. I think it's caused from property datasourcenames. This kind of things did not happen in progress environment. Please advise me on this.

Thanks in advance.
Keicy

From what you say it looks like Syteline uses a modofied ADM2. In that case I can't really help. Try asking the same question at - that's where most of the world's Progress experts hang out. And I believe they have a forum dedicated to Syteline users (though I could be wrong).

Cheers, Mike.

Thanks for your help. I am going to peg.com to...

Keicy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back