Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

adame11

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
CA
Hey guys

I'm having a problem with a BCM 50 rls 2.0. The Site has 4 Centrex lines installed on the main unit. I want to be able to set up destination codes to look like extentions and have them foward to cell phones. i currently have two issues.

1) the system is always answered by the auto attendant. I have set up the routes and dest. codes, and it works fine internaly but when i enter the digits from the auto attendant a message states that i have entered an invalid extention. any ideas?

2) Link transfer is enabled on the line. and it works fine when I do the link transfer manualy. but if i set it up as part of a route or external call foward i recieve a message "link transfer not present on the line or link not enabled at set". I have allowed link transfer on the set and I have centrex lines on site. the dialing string i set up looks like this "#xxxxxxx" any ideas?

Thanks

Do you need to add another # at the end to disconnect?

Just because you setup a Dest code to look like a DN doen't make is so and the system know's it.

You want to call into the system and dial a special number and have the system do a Flash Hook and dial the number for a cell phone and the system drops off and you get the cell phone, is this what your trying to do?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

No I havn't put a # at the end of the dialing string. Is that what im missing?

this message is for acewarlock

yes that is what im trying to do. the customer would like to have it look like an extention so that he can put it on his buisness card, he is never at that site but he doesn't whant his customers to know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back