Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link to Update Problem from Probsummary Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlouiett

Programmer
Mar 22, 2007
US
I'm new to Peregrine and have not been able to find an answer in any website on how to have a new Incident Management field value in probsummary be automatically updated to the problem table.  I have ServiceCenter 6.1.3.

I have added a new field called business.impact to the probsummary and problem tables (with the same field name).  But I am confused about how to create a link record that will automatically update the field value in problem whenever it is modified in probsummary.

I see some chatter about the build.problem.summary link that appears to automatically update probsummary data from problem data for identical field names.  But I would like to update in the reverse direction, with source=probsummary and target=problem.  I have also seen a reference to a build.problem.summary2 link which sounds like it may indeed use probsummary as the primary (source) file instead of problem. 

In my link file listing, I see build.problem.summary and build.problem.summary2 but also a build.problem.summary3!  The build.problem.summary and build.problem.summary3 links look almost identical (tons of source and target field names on the second link page) but the build.problem.summary2 link only has the number field in the source and target field names on the second page, with an expression of $L.x=true.  But all 3 links have the target file set to probsummary.  I assume the source file is problem but where is the source file name listed on the link screens?  All 3 links seem to be updating probsummary from problem, whereas I'd like to update the new field in problem whenever this field value is changed in probsummary.  Am I supposed to use 1 of these 3 links or create/modify another link to do this?      

Sorry for the verbosity but I wanted to explain everything.  Maybe it's a simple answer but I haven't figured it out yet!  Thanks! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back