Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link tables from merant 3.6 progress sql92 to MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

justagrunt

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
Hi,
I'm on a steep vertical exponential learning curve right now, the progress database discovered yesterday and MySQL wednesday last week.
Reports are required which the vantage merant progress database cannot give and in the format that is required - ie automated spit out at one button push.
The interesting thing is at Vanatge insatll you get the option to select Progress or SQL server. The vender only supports Progress and now its established.
I need to link the tables to MySQL (version 5)not import them as I need real time update continuously (as I am led to believe MySQL is one of the only databases that can have a look in at communicating with progress) and then get Access to link to these and then manipulate the data to get an automated report in the form that is needed and one button push using VBA.
Any ways using the MySQL migation tool I end up at the Source Database and select Generic jdbc.
Now here is where I get lost.

"Class name of the driver to use" and
" Connection string (jdbc connection string)"

What goes into these two boxes?

MySQL is on my PC .
The Progress database on the server.

Please point me in the right direction.
Warm Regards
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search