Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link table problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroLui

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
HK
Dear all PROs,
I'm using Access 97 to link a Oracle database. This Oracle database have 10 fields and i just want to link 5 fields into my Access database. Did Access can do that? I've try to use NEW > Link Table but it link all of the 10 field.

Just don't use all 10 fields. Create a Query that only includes those 5 fields and base all of your forms and reports off of your query.

I've wanted to do the same thing myself and I've been working with Access for close to 7 years now and haven't been able to achieve what your asking. What I typically do is link the table like your doing. Then create a make table or append query referencing the linked table with only the fields that I need. I'll then create a form with an import button and append the records to a new table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back