Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link queries from different databases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaborH

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
Basic question from a newbie:

How would I go about linking queries from different databases? I have linked tables, but have not idea how to go about the same process for queries.

Any hints highly appreciated.

Same way you link tables. When you are working in design view the "queries" will be listed same as the tables. All that is needed are foreign keys in the queries that can be used to link them.

I presume that TransferDatabase function is the best way. However, I am not sure if it is the only way.

Thank you for the hint. Forgive my confusion, but I presume you mean query design view. In that case the Show Table window only lists tables and queries in my currently open database. There seems to be no option for selecting another database. The same goes for the Expression builder. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back