Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link PS Query Reports in Crystal 8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glat

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
CA
HI, I have created two ps queries and I am trying to link them in Crystal Reports 8 without success. When I create the Crystal report I add the ps queries and then try to perform a join on the key fields. I get the following error "Invalid File Link. SQL stored Procesdures cannot be linked".

Has anyone experienced this? Am I allowed to link queries?

Cheers,

Glat

Glat,

The best way to do join and use PeopleSoft Query is to write your whole Query in PSQuery and use Crystal for formating and formulas.

The are 2 ways to do this:

1) You can write the query (joins and all) in PSQuery and save it. Then open Crystal and find the Query you wrote and run it.

2) The other way is to write the Query (joins and all) attach it to a run control record and put in on a menu. When you run the query chose Web,RPT and it will run in Crystal online. Make sure you set up your run control record for Crystal.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back