Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Foxpro 2.6 to Access 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewp01

MIS
Dec 17, 2001
US
We have an application that is written using Foxpro 2.6. I need to be able to link the tables to Access 2K for reporting purposes.

Does anyone know how I can do this. I've tried the MS Access ODBC drivers but can't link the tables. After a couple of errors, it will let me Import the tables, but this won't work very well for the reporting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Paul

Set up an ODBC data source using the "Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver (*.dbf)" driver, and make sure to select the "Free Table directory" option. Also, set the path to the folder contains the FoxPro 2.6 files.

Then, use that ODBC data source in Access 2000 to link the tables.

You may be having problems with linking due to a change in driver packaging that Microsoft did with Access 2000. Check the following KnowledgeBase article for details on how to import, link to, and export FoxPro files with Access 2000.

I am needing some assistance in this area as well. I am able to link to foxpro tables but access is unable to read the "Memo" datatype field that is in several of the tables that I need to link to. Is there a way around this?

Success
I have linked to the FoxPro dbase. If you are still having problems let me know. I'll see if I can help
[reading]

lemans,

Thanks, I have been away from the project for a few days, but was able to link the tables also. I may run into more problems when I start the reports.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back