Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link db and photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickinrsm

Technical User
Nov 3, 2004
US
I have a text file that I download and inport into Paradox 8. No problem here.

When the text file is finished downloading another portion of the code downloads pictures for each record in the in the downloaded text that I imported.

Each picture has an unique number but they are stored in seperate subfolders in the downloaded main folder of PresentationFolders.

Any idea on how to link the correct pictures to the data?

Thanks . . . Rick

Lets see if I have this correct, you import a file that has a field that corresponds to the file name of a picture that is stored in a separate directory. You want to associate the picture with the record so that it displays when you view the record on a form?

This can be done fairly easily but Paradox is lousy at displaying images, what type of images are they?

When you arrive on a new record you can use the filesystem to see if a picture in the directory exists that matches the record in the database, if it does you can display it on the form.

I have a form that does this and it works very well, my images are jpg's and I use an OCX control (ImageViewerCP) to display the images.

Perrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back