Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Data Item in Page header to Section Data Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiaualad

Technical User
Jun 15, 2001
AU
Hi,
I have a simple grouped list report with four Columns grouped, the top one sectioned. I have a Count(incident) column not in the list that needs to be displayed in the Page header with the sectioned value i:e 'Region X = 100'

When I page down, I need the data item (Region) in the Page header to be linked to the Section (Region) in the list. It surely must be fairly simple but for the life of me I cant seem to get it to work!
I have looked in the posts but have not seen a similar one...

cheers

I may be mistaken, but this issue sounds like the general problem with displaying the numbers of pages of a report at the top.
Cognos generates the HTML page for page, so it may not know in advance the count on a certain column.
Perhaps you can get it to work with a seperate query that performs the count for each Region..

Ties Blom

Finally! After two days of trying everything, I used a Field Set in the page header to hold the Region field, an text block for ' = ' , and another Field Set to hold the count for each region (hide the caption and set the border to white).

Works a treat, didnt have to use a Master-Detail query at all! I might have a go at using it for the rowcount issue - attempting to put the rowcount in the header.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back