Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link data from 2 tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsurovick

MIS
Nov 25, 2003
US
I have setup a database to track new account activity. I have the following tables

tblaccountname(2 fields id, and name)
tblcarrier(2 fields id, and name)
tblcustServ(3 fields id, first and lastname)
tblemployee(3 fields id, first and lastname)
tbllineofBus(2 fields id, and name)
tblpayment (7 fields id, paymentdate, newbusid, accountnameid, employeeid, policyid, carrierid)
tblpolicynumber(2 fields id, and name)
tblreferral(2 fields id, and name)
tblpayplan(2 fields id, and name)
tblnewbus(13 fields id, carrierid, employeeid, accountnameid, lineofbusid, policyid, effectivedate, premium, flatrate, comrate, referral, customerservid, playplan)

What I want to accomplish is have 2 entry points. The first would be for an individual to enter information via form for any New Business. I have done this successfully. The second is to enter information about a payment using data from the tblenewbus to populate the tblpayment.

The user would select the accountname and any employee who is associated with the account would atomically show up in text box. Each account can have multiple carriers associated with it. So they would need a combo box for carriers associated with that account. Each carrier may have multiple policies associated with that account. So they would need to have a combo box.

Example

Employee Dave has account ABC Company and ABC has policies written with carries X, Y, Z. X has 1,2,3 polices under it.

So when a user selects ABC Company it will show the Employee, Any Related Carriers, and then what ever policies are associated with that carrier.

I am fairly new with Databases. I have not used Access in 3 years but I have read a lot of articles and would be appreciative with any help. My background is mainly with hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back