Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LINK AUTHORWARE FILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheena

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
GB
Is there are a way of linking authorware files with each other, but instead of jumping to a file, can i load it inside the parent file.
If in the parent file i use the fuction jumpfile, it will jump to the authorware file being called, but can i load another authorware file in the parent movie, say in a holder or something.

The short answer is no, the JumpFile only opens the second file and closes the first, you can't open a second file within the first.

But using JumpFileReturn let you go back and forth pretty seamlessly. And the JumpFile & JumpFileReturn functions let you pass variable's and their values from one file to another. This has always done everything I've ever needed. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for, so if you have little more detail or more specific example, I might be able to help more. If you needed both files to run completely independant, you could always package both with runtime (as exe's) and use JumpOut & JumpOutReturn.

steve snyder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back