Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Access database to one form in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuanwang

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
SE
I am going to link one database in Microsoft Access to one form in VB. What I want is when click one button (like,Show Access Database)on one form, this database or file can be opened, then I can read some tables and other things created in Access.

Does anyone knoe how to realize this goal? Thanks Chuan Wang
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
Homepage:

S u can do it.. u can use the Common dialog box to choose the MDB that the user wants to select and after they select give the file path to the opendatabase command of DAO and then u can open it and read what has been used inside..

If u want the code of it then i have to write it.. which will take some time..

ChuanWang
From the number and type of your posts, it may be worth spending some time going into VB Help and going through "Getting started with VB6"

You will find a lot of background stuff on general concepts for VB, forms, logic and data as well as loads of code examples for you to try, and to modify to get a better understanding of how they work. Let me know if this helps

'There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.'

Chuan
I agree with Johnwm, no affence but maybe you should try to learn a little more and figure it out on your own instead of having to post questions all the time. We are here to help, but not do someones job all the time. We would just prefer if you would try things yourself before you have to come as questions. ----------------
Joe

Thanks for your suggestions. I know how to use the Common dialog box to open one file, but I do not know what you mean for Command of DAO. Also I post this questin because that I think there is aonther way like what I mentioned can directly open some table in Access.

Thanks a lot! Chuan Wang
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
Homepage:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back