Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lining Up Text with Cross Tab Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason2121

Technical User
Jul 28, 2009
US
I have multi Cross Tabs for Financial Statements for multiple Companies. I am not using any data in the rows or columns sections, only in the Summarized Fields section, so I have to Insert text for each line item.

Is there a simple method in lining up a text object horizontaly with the field it describes. I usually can do it for a few, but there are so many and I do not have time.

Can anyone give advice or a tip.

CR 11 - Jason

ie. Text Object {ME0709Financials.Depr}

I can't think of a reason you would use a crosstab without rows or columns. Why not just enter text fields and the result without the crosstab?

-LB

It is only because I am doing Financials, so a lot of the final results depencd on Formulas. If I use the Cross Tab, it becomes misconstrued.

I am using the Summary portion for the Data to get my results, but I still need explanation from the Insert Text function for the Numbers to have relevance.

Is there a way for lining up the Text function with the field in which it is in corelation?

Thanks

CR 11 - Jason

I think you missed my point. I don't think you should be using a crosstab at all. You can instead place your formulas directly in the detail section and insert summaries on them.

In the main report you can align text with fields by attaching them both to the same horizontal guidelines. You can also right click on the gray area to the left of the report->select all section objects->format objects->make same size: height->align: bottoms.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back